Mississippi is a state that has a rich culture, from performing arts to blues music and American architecture and history; there are several picture-perfect possibilities in this state. The outdoor scene here is so diverse because you will be able to see serene nature parks and scenic byways. Mississippi may not seem to be the first state you will think of when it comes to Instagram trends, but it is definitely full of Instagram-worthy sceneries. That is why in this article, we are going to list down some of the most beautiful places to photograph in Mississippi.
- The Biloxi Lighthouse – This lighthouse was built in 1848, and it is known to be one of the most photograph locations here in Mississippi. It is located in the middle of a highway and capturing it during the night, while the lighthouse is one of the most beautiful scenes that you can capture here in Mississippi.
- Mississippi River – This 2,320-mile river that makes its way into the Gulf of Mexico is the main attraction here in Mississippi. The Mississippi River is long enough for you to take several amazing photos from different vantage points. Not only that, but you will also get the chance to capture the beautiful riverscape scenery as well as the wildlife along the stretch of the river.
- Vicksburg National Military Park – This park is an area that has a protected battlefield, and it is also the gravesites of almost 18,000 Civil War soldiers. Here, you will learn how the Siege of Vicksburg is one of the most important battles in American Civil War history. You will also get a chance to take a photo of the artifacts, such as the cannons that are housed in the area.
- Natchez Trace Cypress Swamp – Located deep within the Natchez Trace forest trail here in Mississippi is the great cypress swamps that have green and monochromatic scenery. You will surely capture nature here at Natchez Trace Cypress Swamp.
- Lake Lamar Bruce – This pristine and beautiful 300-acre lake is located near Saltillo, and it is popular with both photographers and fishermen. Thick woods surround the calm water, and we suggest that you catch the sunrise or sunset over the lake because you will indeed have photos of vibrant colors and clouds that are brilliantly reflected in the water. It is definitely a picture-perfect moment.
- Fort Massachusetts – This is an exceptionally designed fort located on the Mississippi Gulf Coast on West Ship Island. This fort is built in the mid-1800s, and today, it is a part of the Gulf Islands National Seashore. The sight of Fort Massachusetts against the sandy beaches is beautiful scenery that has contrasting subjects.
- Midway Marina – Located in Fulton, Mississippi, Midway Marina is a stopping point for yachts and small boats. It has several moorings and docks that will surely make fantastic pictures, especially during sunset. You will surely capture rich colors that are cast onto the water and wooden planks.
- Mississippi State Capitol – The sight of the state capitol along the skyline of Jackson, Mississippi, is a beautiful picture to take, especially after sunset when the dome is ignited with a golden hue. You can take a picture of the capitol from different vantage points, and you can also include other historical items in the frame, such as the cannon located on the other side of the complex.
- Pearl River – This river runs through Louisiana and Mississippi, and it is filled with a diverse ecosystem and wildlife. If you want to take more nature photographs, this is the perfect location because it attracts rare water animals and several species of birds. Not only that, Pearl River has a stunning landscape, especially during the sunset hours when the golden colors of the sky bring out the serene details of the landscape.
- Greenville – Here, you will see paddleboats that cruise down the Mississippi River. It is always a picture-perfect moment as you see them go by. But, you do not have to wait for them to go by because you can visit a black and white paddleboat in Mississippi, which you can photograph anytime, and it is located in Greenville. This beautifully restored boat stunningly reflects Southern elegance’s charm and serves as a local visitor center.
There are many interesting places to visit and interesting facts to learn about Mississippi. Its a great place to add to your travel bucket list!